Prosper, TX Real Estate
You found the right website if you are searching for homes for sale in Prosper, TX. Our website has EVERY Prosper home for sale in Texas listed with North Texas Real Estate Information Services (NTREIS).
Prosper is a town in Collin and Denton counties in the U.S. state of Texas. Prosper is located within the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, its population was 9,423; as of 2020, its population was 30,174.
The first settlers arrived in 1846 to farm cotton in the black fertile prairie soil. Between 1850 and 1902, two settlements existed – Rock Hill was two miles south of the present town and Richland was one mile north. The development of these small communities was expedited in 1876 when county courts ordered small tracts of land to be established for a quick sale. These tracts, each about 160 acres in size, were sold for $3.50 per acre. Dr. A. T. Bryant of McKinney purchased what later became the center of the present town.
The towns merged during the establishment of St. Louis & San Francisco Railroad in March 1902. For years, Prosper was the central stop for the railroad between Dallas and Sherman. When community officials applied for a post office with the name “Richland”, they were informed that the city name was already taken. Postmaster B.J. Naugle asked for an alternative name, and J.C. Slaughter suggested the name “Prosper” because crops that year had been very prosperous.
Prosper was incorporated in 1914 with a commission form of government and a population of 500. Uncas Norvell Clary was mayor and served in that position for the next 49 years. Prosper became a growing area with many new homes and communities being developed. The Prosper Community of Windsong Ranch features a man-made crystalline lagoon.
Arts and culture
Prosper holds an annual Christmas festival, and Fourth of July event. Each May, Prosper Founders Fest celebrates its history, people, and arts. The event combines the Prosper Fire Department’s “Barbecue Cookoff”, a 5K race, an art show, a music festival, and a Sunday Family Fellowship.
Most of the Town of Prosper is served by the Prosper Independent School District.
- Rock Hill High School (grades 9–12, in Frisco)
- Prosper High School (grades 9–12)
- Reynolds Middle School (grades 6–8)
- Rogers Middle School (grades 6–8)
- Rushing Middle School (grades 6–8)
- Hays Middle School (grades 6–8, in Frisco)
- Baker Elementary School (grades K–5, in McKinney)
- Boyer Elementary School (grades K–5, in Celina)
- Cockrell Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Folsom Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Furr Elementary School (grades K–5, in McKinney)
- Hughes Elementary School (grades K–5, in McKinney)
- Johnson Elementary School (grades K–5, in Celina)
- Light Farms Elementary School (grades K–5, in Celina)
Rucker Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Spradley Elementary School (grades K–5, in Frisco)
- Stuber Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Windsong Ranch Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Reeves Elementary School (grades K–5, in McKinney)
- Bryant Elementary School (grades K–5)
In January 2018, Prosper ISD began construction of a natatorium and a football stadium. The facilities opened in the fall of 2019.
Prosper ISD will open their third high school, Walnut Grove High School, in the fall of 2023.
The Glenbrooke and Doe Creek subdivisions in far west Prosper are within the Denton Independent School District. Residents currently attend:
- Savannah Elementary School (grades K–5)
- Navo Middle School (grades 6–8)
- Ray Braswell High School (grades 9–12)
The Texas Legislature designated Collin College as the community college for all of Collin County and for Prosper ISD. The majority of Denton County, including the part of Prosper in Denton ISD, is zoned to North Central Texas College.
Buying a Prosper Home
If you are a Prosper, TX home buyer, our foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. Our goals are to help you purchase the right home, make sure you don’t miss out on any homes that meet your needs, and make sure you don’t pay too much for your next home. Please utilize our Prosper, Texas real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress free and rewarding for you and your family as possible.
Selling Your Prosper Home
If you're considering selling your Prosper, Texas home, we utilize the latest, cutting-edge, real estate marketing tools to expose your property to the widest range of potential buyers. We are here to get your house aggressively marketed to sell as quickly as possible and for the best price! Our goals are to help you get your Prosper, TX home sold, put you in the strongest negotiating position as possible, and to make it easier for you and reduce surprises.